Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dec. 1 Preschool 3's and 4's

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving!! In library this week we talked about getting dressed. We read Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London, How Do I Put it On by Shigeo Watanabe and Ducks Don't Wear Socks by John Nedwidek. As a staff at the ECC we are working on building vocabulary. When I was reading this week there were two words we encountered that many were not familiar with- cap and serious. We talked about what the words mean. Words and their meaning are the building blocks of literacy development and reading a book is the perfect time to talk about the meanings of new words!!
The Scholastic Book Fair starts Saturday in the library and continues next week, Monday and Tuesday, December 7 & 8. I hope you have time to stop by and visit to look at the great selection of books. Due to the book fair their will be no library storytime next week, but we will have book check-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment