Monday, May 10, 2010

Preschool 3's & 4's week of May 10


This week the preschoolers visited the library but there will be no more book check-out. I am wrapping up the year with books about summertime activities- it always seems like I have more books I want to read but then it is the end of the school year! This week I read books about boats. An older book, Mr. Gumpy's Outing by John Burningham, is the focus for both the 3's and the 4's. After reading the book I get out a boat and retell the story using stuffed animals. This book was published in England so there are some unfamiliar words in it that we talk about. Ask your child about the story- and see if they remember what the word squabble means.

1 comment:

  1. hey Kim, I love what you have done. I hope you get some kuddoes for all you have put together. Have a nice summer. I will keep in touch.
    Deb R.

    ReplyDelete