
This week in library we read books about pets. I always enjoy sharing Bark George by Jules Feiffer with the kids. After reading the story I use a stuffed dog to retell the story. This is a great story to read and retell with your child at home. The 3's also read Clifford the Big Red Dog and I Don't Want a Posh Dog by Emma Dodd. We also sang "Ears, Whiskers, Paws and Tails". The 4's sang and read the same stories- but we also talked about how to take care of pets. I also gave them some pet riddles to see if the could figure out what pet I had in the basket. A neat way to incorporate early literacy at home is to ask your child to think of words that rhyme with "Pet"- you can also make up silly rhymes with these words. Try rhyming "dog" too! Next week we will have the ice cream parties during library time- the kids are so excited!!
No comments:
Post a Comment