Monday, November 5, 2012
Preschool week of Nov. 5th
"H" is for horses and houses! For library this week we read the story of The Three Little Pigs and then I retold it using puppets. The kids love it when I use the puppet theatre- I wish we had more time in library so they can each have a turn retelling the story using puppets. Retelling a story with your child using puppets, stuffed animals or even rereading the book helps develop narrative skills which are a key component of early literacy. You can also help your child recall the story by asking what the three houses were built from or which house was the strongest. The 3's also listened to The Napping House by Audrey Wood and then we used sticks to sing along to the story. The 4's listened to Are You a Horse by Andy Rasch and then we sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes". The scholastic bookfair will be starting on Nov. 30th in the media center- I will be sending home a flyer next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment