Next week we will have the ice cream parties during library time! The kids are so excited. The last week for book check-out will be May 3 which gives me time to ensure that all the books get returned before the last day of preschool.
We had fun reading dog books this week in library. This is one of my favorite weeks because I get to share one of my favorite books- Bark George by Jules Feiffer. George is a dog who doesn't say "ARF" when his mother tells him to bark. Ask your child what different sounds George makes. This is a book that adults and children both will enjoy reading together. After I read the book I bring out "George" and retell the story using stuffed animals. Retelling a story with your child increases their language skills. We also read Clifford the Big Red Dog by Norman Bridwell with the 3's and What Pet to Get by Emma Dodd in the 4's.
No comments:
Post a Comment