Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Preschool May 4,5,7
Usually in library I have one theme and use different books for the 3's and 4's. However this week I decided to do two entirely different things and with the 4's I read recycling books and with the 3's I read cat books. The 3's listened to Have You Seen My Cat by Eric Carle. In this book a little boy travels around the world looking for his cat. I like this book for its use of vocabulary and the repeated phrasing. After reading the book the kids helped me look for my brown cat.... With the 4's we talked about how we can all take care of our earth by recycling, turning off the water when we brush our teeth, turning off electronics and lights when we are done with them and planting trees. We read Margaret and H.A. Rey's Curious George Plants a Tree and Michael Recycle by Ellie Bethel and then they helped me with some recycling in the library! No more book check-out for the rest of the year! Please return all library books soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment