Monday, January 20, 2014

Preschool Jan.20 & 21

This week in library we read books about the letter "T". The 3's listened to one of my sons favorites- "The Little Engine That Could" by Wally Piper and "Down by the Station" by Jennifer Riggs Vetter. We acted out the different parts of the train and sang "Wheels on the bus". Early Literacy Skill: Vocabulary –Teaching your child new word’s is an important concept of Early Literacy. By using specific names, like box car and caboose, you help your child learn new words and you help them understand differences between similar things. This is one way to increase their vocabulary. I read books about toys to the 4 year old classes. I read "Too Many Toys" by David Shannon and "I Lost My Bear" by Jules Feiffer. We then pretended to be toys- robots, dolls, balls, bikes, etc. Next week we will be reading some sleepy books about bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment