Monday, February 1, 2010

Feb. 1 Preschool- 4's & 3's

Letter "O" We explored the ocean today and talked about what kinds of creatures live in the ocean. The first book we read was "The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark" by Ken Geist and I was pleased that many of the students were able to connect the book to the story of the three little pigs and big bad wolf. After I read the book I retold the story using fish beanie babies. Those beanie babies that my kids used to collect have sure come in handy when I retell stories!! Storytelling helps children develop critical and active listening skills. The second book I read was "I'm The Biggest Thing in the Ocean" by Kevin Sherry and then we sang the song "Slippery Fish". Ask your child what lives in the ocean or what is the biggest thing in the ocean. These kinds of questions help children make connections with what they read.

No comments:

Post a Comment